Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Morning

I fell asleep early last night...  I usually go to bed around 3AM.  Insomnia.  Today, I woke up at dawn but didn't want to get out of bed.  All I wanted to do was hug my little girl like a teddy bear. What's wrong with that?  It is Saturday after all.  Then, I wondered why this little one was in my bed. 

She stirred, then settled. Her little face visible between the blanket and her arm thrown across her chin.  She slept with her lips parted.  Hey eyes gently closed, as if they would bloom open the way morning glories do at dawn.  Her deeply brown skin is tanned from a week of heat wave swimming and her tiny hairs have all been bleached honey blond from brown.  She was fuzzy like a teddy bear. I kissed her smooth bronze cheek, so as not to wake her, hugging her gingerly.  My giant boy lumbered into my room. His gait sounds, naturally, like the stomping of giants.

"Mom, I'm hungry -oh yeah and I finished Communion," he said about the book he'd been reading late last night.

Time to make the papas.

No comments:

Post a Comment